Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Not In A Box

Travelling a route from Mississippi to Tennessee that I covered about 3 weeks ago, reminded I am not the same person I was that day. The area pointed out to me its differences. It is cooler temps,The landscape is subtly different, now wearing a Joseph's coat of Fall colors with some thinning to the foliage.


Previously, I had not noticed this is serious cotton farmlands. Today, the harvest is rich & ample. It was one particular field that spoke into my heart. I noticed as the road undulated with the hills, off to the right, the same white heads of the cotton bolls. But THIS field was not squared off in a box. Rather, it was an artistic layout of sweeps and curves. Instead of flat, it rolled up and down with the land. I took another look and realised the shape of the field was due to the farmer had planted around the existing trees! In radiant TN Autumn array, the white tree skirt of cotton crop moved with the land instead of tilling under the sentinels of old.

Stirred in my spirit, I know I just saw a visualization of something I have been trying to explain about my own inner man for a lifetime. I just don't want to be guilty of rigid idealogies, man's dictates, or tradition that no one can remember WHY it was ever done that way to start with. Gifted in spirit, intelligence, and in heart matters, I want to flow as the essence directs. Keep my color & integrity. Profit from that which has blazed before, all while protecting my faith in colors, shapes, changes.

I appreciate the farmer. He did something that was right in his own eyes. Who knows if anyone else noticed? Did the farmers association threaten to disbar him? Did his family scoff? Did his children move away to work another farm that adhered to the established rules of planting?

Who knows.

His statement reached into this road warrior's being. I missed it three weeks ago, when the trees and the crop were a uniform green. Today, challenged to let HIS light shine through my light and windows. As I turn in the sun, allowing the bouncing of my inner light to refract as though from an Austrian crystal.

Cleaned the panes so I can see clearly. Pulled up & discarded the weeds of distraction. Blew out the chaff of people & things that weigh me down. Added color and texture to my support system through new, old, and renewed acquaintences.

Feeling a sirring within me. Time to create again. To explore. To stretch. To extend. Much has been given to me. Much is required. Rested and ready. Eager. Inspired. Warmed of soul, full of passion. Renewed of hope, faith and of love.

Musing,

Jan M. Olsen

~J~

No comments: