Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boomerang

Already been driving 10 hours. Four more to go. At that pseudo milestone, DOT says stop, drop and roll (into bed). The preferred location for this relief of duty status would be 1)near my car/church 2) truck stop with food 3) rest area with indoor plumbing 4) near the next shipper, on the roadside, no facilities whatsoever.

 Hmmmmm... my company insists I "make it happen" to go pick up the next load before break. So,,,,ding ding ding!   Number 4 is winner of Home Sweet Home!  Happy Wednesday to me!

I can doze standing up, sitting down, wherever I stop MOVING!  LOL

My eyes hurt and twitch. My nose, throat, and chest hurt, tight, red,,,,, all that is extra bonus to the inferno that boils day and night anyway. Sigh,,,, what I wouldn't give to sleep in the swimming pool, head propped up on  a noodle... that always scared the mess out of the fitness trainers!!!  To come out to lock up, to find me drifting, lights off to the pool,, SOUND ASLEEP!!!!!

Maybe a bit like a boomerang? Jax to Miami to Orlando - lost some momentum on the bounce UP. oh well cest a vie. 14 hrs is enough punishment to my wore out body. Hmpf! My sleeping bag is calling with its  Siren Song!

For music, settled on Classical. It's not mindless. My ears tune into the various "voices" of each section, or even individual instruments. Engaged,  as the movements progress, my mind follows the drama and journey. Even my whupped body responded by tensing, flexxing, moving in time.... when the music was slow or soft, I breathed deeply and really "looked" at my tense places.  Too numerous to release all at once, I WAS still driving my semi, LOL. When the crescendoes came, I noticed I was pumped and invigorated.  Could drive many more hours.. but nah,,, :)

Amazing bass trombone, cello, and some delightful midwest American composers as well!

The focus has been what my thoughts needed. A guided channel to lands, times, loves near and far. Less time introspective or burning with pain.

Good choice of station, Jan! You ROCK!

Passed within  1 mile of my car.  Only 5 miles from church and my adoptive family. I dont usually get same day assignments back out of SoFL, so was already rolling with anticipation to my hiding place.  Woulda got in just as Pastor came out of his private devotions.  Staff would be arriving. I could have gotten in the building,,, sometimes just BEING is perfect and fulfilling. Oh well, have to adjust and tuck and roll. That's all.

Trying to use up my cold food before vacation. Blindly grabbed the apples.Sliced in a bag, was a little put off they looked like the wizened apple witches we made as kids. Tangy fermented too. Ptooey! Glad its now daylight, will be examining the brocolli and carrots for  freshness.

Put up a note in the driver's lounge at Terminal in Jax.  I need a ride to the airport on Friday....

Trying to  work on my awareness of my thoughts, words, voice, and breathing.  A little bit of effort to find the humbly grateful girl I know was smooshed to a pulp yesterday by the death of my friend.  Attitude of gratitude, even if it is only for music, word, true sour apples (bah), and my upcoming date with my pillow ;-)

How'd I do??? 
lol
Tired, but shiny side up,
Jan M. Olsen
*** UPDATE!!!  I stood up for myself!!! I would have had to run illegally over my DOT hours to get to the shipper!  They are 24 hours, I have been there many times.  So I kinda pushed back on my dispatcher, until he got me cleared to stop now, resume after my 10 hr DOT break.  Drive overnight,, again...  Safe and legal!!! So,, make that option #3,,,, chilling at a rest area with running water!  Such small things,, such big victories!!!
~J~
Sent +rom my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: