Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Odd Noun To Find Gratitude

Ready to return to work on Tuesday, after an amazing vacation. The  battery pack in my heart and mind and soul is recharged and in peak, optimum operating condition.

Okay, so I wake from a dozing dreamy state....had to lie there a few minutes. Simultaneously my two first conscious thoughts occur:

1) I am so at peace, so blessed, so loved, so loving.
2) There is a smell - - - something is wrong....get dressed, Jan, there is an electrical fire somewhere in or on this truck!!!!!

SUDDENLY all drowsy, drifting thoughts aside, I bolted upright. Obeying my instinct, I dressed in record time, funny what adrenaline does? I even brushed my teeth. Hah! Can't burn up with morning breath!

Began in the bunk, unplugging fridge, laptop charger, etc. Nope, not hot. Open curtain -Got to front of cab, was assailed with the odor of metallic, clutch burning,,,OMG! Reminded me of the old racecar kits I played wiith as a kid!! That acrid, metal contact aroma...multiplied a million times!

Open the hood of my tractor, sure enough, a/c clutch on compressor is bound, smoking, almost in flames!!
What am I grateful for now?!?! All 5 of my senses! All of my instincts! All of my past experience, for it allowed me to recognize exactly WHAT the smell of danger was!

People - the mechanics I will be employing today, putting food on their family's table. Places- I am still on the Jacksonville Terminal Yard after my vacation to CO.  Waiting for 0800 so I could call dispatch for a load assignment and fresh work. Things- air conditioning in humid, blue sky Florida.

Thankful for my dreams. The ones I lay there in the bunk musing before coming awake to quasi-crisis, the ones that propel me through this day, right now, and the driving force spurring me to inspiration towards a very bright and dynamic future.

My work? This is a setback. Truck has to go to International dealership. Translates to unable to go back to work after my vacation. I am not hurting financially.  But I am rested, ready to go back to work.  One never knows when they need money for today, tomorrow is near. I want to stay set up okay to be able to give freely when impressed to do so.

My future? In God's hands. He has today planned. It's best if I just roll along with no thought of raiment or provision. HE is more than able. All sufficient.

So yes, I am in a state of Grateful.

Counting my blessings,
Jan M. Olsen

~J~ sent from  my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: