Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

What Time Is It?

Awesome... simply awesome to see Alisha.  Her work was slamming, so she acknowledged me and I went to sit it out.  I just looked away,, and as a mother can, I honed in on her voice in the millieu and just let it roll across my senses in wonder.  Then I heard magical words, "Hey! Can one of you guys take this for awhile?"  She came from the back and we went out to her car.

I wasn't sure what the weekend would bring.  With her working until 0100mdt, I was going to say let's hang out after breakfast tomorrow,, and then have her go home early Saturday night and get some sleep.  Then we could go anywhere she wanted to on Sunday, even tourist things, my treat.

Alisha had thoughts things out to suggest to me too. She has errands to run, would I go along with them? She wants to take me out to eat tomorrow, and rest more on Sunday.  So,,,  we are sleeping in and meeting up at 11am to spend Saturday hanging out!

I had debated about getting a hotel.  Finances aside, I am not doing great in my health today.  My BP was 185 / 125 and I felt every effect of that!!!  Alot of pain, and I didn't try to go with little food or drink, but looking back,, that's what I did.  So, Alisha and Pastor both think I should get a hotel.  I did.

Landed across the street from Saturday's meet point.  As I was checking in, I struck up conversation with the hotel owner and the older lady training for front desk clerk. I asked about the sign for the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi, she confirmed, yes, it closes at 10pm,,, it was 9:40pm as I checked in. 

We talked about my being a night auditor 4 years, and about how this is CO slow season, but in FL it is the high season.  They gave me a kingsize bed,, HUGE room,,, at a tremendous discount,, then the owner asked me, "Would you still like to go sit in the hot tub?  I will go lock you in the pool room, and you can stay in until 11pm so you can relax from your long day."

BOY!!! I jumped at that!!! PRIVACY,, pool and hot tub to myself, indoors!  I have swim trunks that I use for pajamas,, I didnt have any scruffy shirts,, so I just chose the lesser one,, and I  gotta confess,,, I was in HEAVEN!!!!

Alternating hot tub and cool pool????   in the pool doing stretches and resistance,, in the hot tub, angling  the jets to hit me in perfect spots!!! All you wellness people are aware of the benefits of reflexology, I am sure?? Both hand and foot massage and pressure points affecting all the  operating systems  and organs of the body??   So i specifically targetted hands and feet into the jets,,,

I am as limp as a piece of thread.... ahhhhh....

The phone rang, I didn't know if it would be Alisha?  The caller ID  heralded it as one of the ladys I mentor... and with a sigh I answered it.  It dawned on me AFTER we talked a long time,, that it was past midnight where she is in SoFL,, and 10pm in Colorado.... 

She is one of the people I almost dread talking to,,, she takes EVERYTHING I say and twists it,, so by the time she repeats it and says "OK, I got it, thanks"  she doesn't have anything at all approximating the words or meaning I used.  It now sounds good to her, to justify her actions, which were troubling her in the first place,,,,

So for last few months I have been turning it back to her,, asking her what can she do to settle the issue at hand? What is she looking for?    Trying to get her to say for herself what she is REALLY up to,, rather than have her roll her eyes at me and do what she wanted to in the first place. 

almost 30 minutes later? I had phone to my ear, sitting in the hot tub,, and finally I asked to go for now.

She is likely going to seek her answers in people,, specifically in men... and she will say to me, to her kids, to Pastor, to all who approach her, "What?! Don't you want me to be happy?".

   Yeah, but like I told her tonight,, if you go into anything unhappy yourself, you attract unhappy,,, then its two or more of you in the pits. What then? A season at best with nothing to sustain it?

If you are unhappy and they are happy, one of you will draw the other one. 

If you are happy, and they are happy,,,,, then you approach as complete individuals and can share common grounds from there.

Well, by the time she repeated it back to me? She skirted that she was talking about dating (she 's only separated from her husband of 20 years, not divorced! HELLO!) and said she understood because she finds happy people to be with at work. Not the same topic, milady,,, but okay,, tonight, Jan is too limp to stay on track.

Very relaxed,, if I go to bed now?? Will be 3rd day in a row I get 8-12 hours of sleep in one shot. That sounds like  plan.  Please, let my BP go down!!

I hope the baby is in bed when A gets to her home and that she can unwind from her two jobs today suffiiciently to get some rest herself.

I have so many blessings... so much to be grateful for,,, so much to give,,, a glimpse of a gentle peace...

Goodnight,
Jan M. Olsen
~J~

No comments: