Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

NO! No, Thank You.

Went to Dunkin Donuts to get a tea, hoping to settle my tummy. Older lady cashier just rambled on. I'm usually sensitive to people like that. Probably a widow, working 20 hours a week just to get out of the house for some conversation.

This dear saint though, offered me "Would you like to try a sample of our new caramel, spiced iced coffee?"

Me: "No, Ma'am, but thank you anyway."

"But its a free sample. It's really good..."

"No thank you, just the tea please."

"But it's a free sample..."

(inner dialogue tantrum moment here...in my mind I slam my hand on the countertop - LOOK TOOTS! The caramel part sounds awesome. The spiced part is fine & curious. The ice by itself is great.

YOU LOST ME AT THE WORD COFFEE!!!!!!

What must I do now? Throw up on your shoes to convince you that "NO IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE"??????"

what came out was a bite on my lip and "No Ma'am, but if you could please pour my tea, I really need to go now."

3 miles up the road? SHeepish....all the little ol' lady wanted was someone to talk to besides her cats.

sigh.......

Jan M. Olsen

~ J ~
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: