Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Must Declare

I can't fight this feeling any longer, Yet, I'm still afraid to let it flow.  What started out as friendship has grown stronger. I only wish I had the strength to let it show.


I tell myself that I can't hold out forever. I say there is no reason for my fear.,'Cause I feel so secure when we're together. You give my life direction, you make eveything so clear.


Even as I wander, I'm keeping you in sight. You're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night. And I'm getting closer than I ever though I might.

Just gotta say it out loud, here and in the flesh with my voice, but IBD? I love you. I always have, always will. The fact that you love me, and that I can't take myself out of your love, does give me sustenance to carry on.

Even though we each resist successfully the sweetness of surrender, please know, you are dear to me and I am grateful you are in the threads of who I am and who I will be.  I will never be able to succeed in the future without remembering the love and rock steady support you have girded me with.

When I conquer the evil, when I let light and purpose shine and glory, you my warrior, my Sir Isaac, will be found in the framework of my foundations. You've led me to a greater knowledge and acceptance of who Jesus is and his unconditional love,, even for unworthy lost fools like me.

Of all I have ever known or will meet, I realize that you cherish me. That means alot to know.

You are a majestic eagle, and I merely an ugly brown wren.  But as Angel Bugs says, you are just a good man with a great God. Amen.

I do love you.  That is why I do not lay a claim or connect to you in the only areas we have yet to explore. Let us keep our beauty and virtue where it stands now, blameless before an holy God.

My dear, you are true, I do belong in your embrace. And MAN! Do I wish we were able to stay in that joyous moment we experience when we connect and love together.

 And when you sing, clear and annointed, yes my dear, you sing with the voice of an angel. Your accapella tones stride clear and pure. Your song breaks my heart to hear it, as I weep inside that I can not abide there and listen to you forever.

I love how the spirit in me, connects with the spirit in you.  We can pray as two people side by side, and share one conversation with God as our center, each complementing each other in thought, words, and actions.

You ARE the measure of a man,,, and I will walk the rest of my life knowing that the guys that pass through either do not come up to where you are and the standard of a Godly man, or that I have settled for far less than either of us deserve.

I'd rather hold myself apart than to settle....  and so,,, like two ships passing in the night, I salute you and the beacon you are for me.

If only I had the courage to turn my ship in to the shore, and give away my oars forever?
There has never been another for whom this song fulfills.
I love you.

click link below:


Your Jan,
~J~

No comments: