Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is it a long day or a hard day when I am too tired to sleep, unsafe to stay awake?

While flattering to be the Lil' Darling of the terminal drivers, mechanics,  and staff here in Jacksonville, it is also a bit of a burden.

I've noticed people that encounter me ask questions that can all fit in 3 categories, and the last one relates to the first.

1) Let's talk about our beliefs. Our faith. About the LORD.

2) Wanna go out with me?

3) Why are you always smiling? Every time I see you from across the Yard, I know it is you from your SMILE.

The head mechanic gave me his phone number today to call or text anytime.  We were discussing if we are okay as men and women to go have wings & things together off-campus.

Kinda leery after JJ to mix work and personal life.

Eric did say  something pretty cool that at least hinted to the man inside the uniform. He told me "right up front, I need to tell you I am separated.  I haven't been with my wife in a year, but we are not divorced yet."

While, relationship wise that is a dead end RED FLAG, like I told him right back, "Eric, up front let me tell you, I am not dating you or anyone. If two friends want to go share a meal and fellowship, then that is fine. I however am content with my dog."

So he gave me the number. He wrote it down,,, so far, I have not put it into my phone.  I could ask him to take me to dinner tonight, since I am here until 11pm waiting on a load to arrive.

However, I am going to be kinder to myself than that  - - - -this lil darlin is going to bed in about 5 minutes!

No comments: