Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Slowing Down To Live

I just photographed a scary hour of my being "LOST" in my semi truck,,, the road got narrower,, and finally the pavement ran out. It became red GA clay! That kind of experience and my joy to try new things leads to my book title "No Wrong Turns" ,,,,, just roads I haven't tried yet!!! Perfect example! The original was a solo motorcycle ride in Central Florida. New photos coming to Facebook!

The roads I was lost on had names, but no road signs. Edges, but no shoulders. Hardtop, but no pavement. It was fun!
The Fall air is gentle and cool.  I like cool temps. Great for camping in a tent, hiking, fishing, just enjoying Creation!  Today I wore a lightweight long sleeve jersey, just to FEEL the fabric on my skin after a humid SoFL summer.
THREE ROADS DIVERGED IN A GEORGIA PINEY WOODS, AND I?
I TOOK THE ONE BEST TO TRAVEL BY!

exquisite day of passion and inspiration!!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Everything in Georgia is running slow today, slow motion, speed of snail,, torturous turtle,,

Like the semi truck that was looking in to the glare of early eastern sunrise,, that he got blinded and ran his red light,,,, in slow motion, I saw us about to hit T-bone as I went through the green... my slowing down, and him slammiing on his brakes... averted the crash.

Angel is much better! YES! Pleased with her that she took yesterday and today out of class.. she was sick 2 weeks ago, and went back the next day she felt better... this time,, along with the ENT side of it,, she got the flu too!!!

She has had ruptured eardrums before,, so I am just glad to hear the congestion and fever is moving on. Bless her for taking the time off to recuperate!!!

I teased her, that even though she has not made time to meet up with me the last 2 times I went through tampa,, that somehow the little monkey still gave me her cold or flu or whatever. I am not claiming either... just pouring in the vitamins, tea, supplements, Airborne, and today had to add a cold remedy jsut to stay rolling.
Then as I rolled west of Albany, GA,,, on US-82.... I came upon a REAL TREAT to me!!! A Hardees in the middle of NO-Where with truck parking!!!! A rare find!! They were actually one of my first jobs in high school,, only back then they were called Poppa Jay's and served fresh fried chicken and peach cobbler.

So even though they were slow as Christmas and I can not taste anything,. just for the happy time the finding of a Hardees during breakfast hours with truck parking?? I stopped.... just for the heck of it.

Sure hoping I roll fast enough to Jasper before my clock runs out! If it is meant to be?? What will be, will be.

Today is shaping up,,, and if I dont get to see my folks?? well,, heaven knows,, my body could use a dead-to-the-world GREAT SLEEP!!!
Jan

No comments: