Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

Sunrise, sunset,

Swiftly flow the days.
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as we gaze.

 Sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly fly the years,
One season following another,
Laiden with happiness and tears.

Fiddler On The Roof

Another day's light wanes to a fiery close.

The air is cool, calm. Windows to my "home" are down, fresh breezes giving life to the stale air from pent up days & nights.

It's a day of not much at all. So far as work goes, the miles & pay is low. I don't need much. The slow pace is almost welcome. Although, I stayed in ready alert mode all day.

Will have to abruptly end per the regulations of D.O.T. at 10pm whether I've arrived at destination or not.

Loose ends annoy me.

Trying to just allow the feelings lately...to let them be... to feel them. Leaves me raw and cranky as an old sore tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

The fresh air? The tinges of God's pallet wisping the east & the west? Feels tingly on my face and arms.

If I close my eyes? I can hear the dew dripping onto the outer walls of my tent and smell the green earth opening her soil to the nutrients.

Life is good, all the time, life is good.

Jan M. Olsen
~ J ~
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: