Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Noticed :-)

Stepped outside to clear my head. Several agree, October Skies are magical. It's a few days yet until the Orionids peak.

Strolled fearlessly around the rest area in Longwood, FL.  Strangers are not the danger.  Friends, family, those that claim to love you are the threat to safety, security, and well-being.

Looking skyward, it's crisp and clear. Jupiter is prominent and shone in spite of the artificial lighting.

It's what I noticed when I wound my way back to my truck.  The engine had shut off!!!  That means the ambient temperature is between 72- 55 degrees.  I stood outside the door to my "mobile home" and took inventory,, I had jammed my hands inside my jeans pockets,, shoulders hunched, and was shivering!!

A side effect of being sick?  My body is becoming sensitive to outside elements.  Hot or cold to the touch often triggers a fever pain. Lately? The a/c blowing on my skin actually hurts,, burns like I'm on fire. Yet, I look forward to wintery temps and reasons to cuddle up in peace and solitude.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A night cool enough to sleep like a dream.  If only I could muster the energy to get into the bunk before my wall hits me.  Love love love the cold air to sleep in,,, as it gives me cause to snuggle and burrow and surround myself with warmth.

If at "home" a glass of wine, Yankee Candle -Midsummer's Night, and Tim Janis  cd softly lifting the air,,,,,

Will miss my Addy this winter.  Can't even let that thought linger very long.


Please, let me sleep deep and rest tonight.

Jan M. Olsen
~J~

No comments: