Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Moments, I've Had My Moments

The crisp cool of the day has me chipper and feeling bright. As I went into the rest area bathroom, in St. Augustine, I was whistling aimlessly. Probably "Blueberry Hill"?  As I rounded the curve in  there stood a mom and her little girl.  The little lady was probably 6-7 years old,, and had tears just streaming down her pretty little face.

At the sound of my mindless whistling?  The little girl perked up, swiped at her salty tears with a tiny hand,  and burst out, "Daddy???????"

The mom, looked up in alarm. This is, after all, the women's bathroom, correct?

The little girl was so cute,,, she said, "Oh, it's just you."

The mom hastened to assure her, "no honey, but the lady does sound alot like daddy, doesn't she?"

What a compliment!!!  To sound like Daddy.  My own dad hums, whistles,, dances like Baloo the Bear,,,,, often tunelessly and absent of apparent thought.

Today, the fever is making my whole body ache and is so exhausting.  But that is no excuse to ever be surly or unresponsive to the little moments as they present themselves.  Just by being ME I brightened  little girl's day,, and in so doing?  Made my own worthwhile.

Where did my whistle go??

Today?? Was blessed... Moments, I  Have My Moments,

Jan M. Olsen
~J~

I've had my moments, days in the sun
Moments I was second to none
Moments when I knew I did what I thought I couldn't do
Like that cool night on the E. Street Bridge
When a young man almost ended it
I was right there, wasn't scared a bit
And I helped to pull him through
Lookin' at me now you might not know it
Oh, lookin' at me now you might not know it
But I've had my moments


"Moments" Emerson Drive

No comments: