Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Friday, October 8, 2010

High Points

Two of the greatest treasures of being a truck driver happens in the next 5 minutes from RIGHT NOW!
That is the simple joy I derive from crossing a bridge. Second is the anticpation & fulfillment of crresting a ridge in time to see the city nightscape in all its radiant lights of glory!
Bridges themselves fascinate the dreamer & optimist in me. A man sat on one side of a great divide, of a fixed gulf, of an impasse of water, mountain or land and he pondered in hi heart " I wonder what would happen if...... ?"
He gave feet to his query and wings to his wonder. One brick at a time, he forged a ramp to span the void.
Walls are painful, locking the builder inside with all their fear & hurts. Bridges foster hope of what is on the other side of the dream.
Also, the twinkling lights of any city stirs this Country Mouse's heart and enthusiasm.
Who will you be today?
A carpenter of dividing walls? A villain of mistrust and abuse?
Or an engineer of hopes & dreams? A facilitator of reconcilliation & and blessing?
As for me? If I can dream it? i can build it.
Stretching forward,
Jan M. Olsen
~ J ~
Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

No comments: