Essence

Essence
I shall be at peace when the lion within can lie down with the lamb.

Friday, October 8, 2010

New Best Friend


Two little boys on  the Deerfield Beach named Solomon and Gideon.  We met at the foot wash spigot. Gideon said he liked his pizza cuz it was crunchy.  His mom absently said ok,, he said, "Know why?  Cause it's got sand on it."

I laughed so deep!!   I told the mom that my girls are 21 & 24 and that I was enjoying the surrogate of the little ones today.

She responded without hesitation, "You look too GOOD  to have kids that old!"

Okay Nanci Jane Brillant,,,, meet my new best friend!

Was enamored of the little girl, about 4 years old in her turquoise tutu,,, catching waves in her matching little flower water pot.  Oh!  To have the sweet faith of a child that her tiny pot will hold enough water from the ocean  to make a difference to that huge pile of beach sand!  

Made my throat ache in the sweet innocence of a babe.

Then there was the little 2 yr old boy, Noah.  His granddad would pick him up boogie board and all,, walk out into the breakers and send him off!  that little guy just WWWHHHEEEEEEEE all the way into shore bobbing up and down on that styrofaom board.

What an incredible day.....

Heart hurting, in a bittersweet ahhhhh....
Jan M. Olsen
~J~

No comments: